Re: SLC file (long)

From: Jim Klohr (jimk@sigmatct.com)
Date: Wed Feb 24 1999 - 18:43:16 EET

We use Materialise to produce SLC files for use with our Sanders MM2 and
MM6-PRO.
The ModelWorks software readily accepts the slice data and it
processes considerable faster than working on the STL file directly.
We have noticed a considerable gain in processing speed working with the SLC
files
especially if he models have a large amount of vectors and loops.
The speed gain is hard to quantify due to the variance of the models,but
best guess would
be least 30 to 50 percent faster.

Jim Klohr
Sigma TCT