Solid Model construction

From: lrwhitaker@mmm.com
Date: Wed Feb 24 1999 - 17:50:55 EET

I am looking for suggestions for modeling large entity count databases
efficiently.

>From time to time we need to build Solid Models containing a very large
number of repetitive geometric shapes. The entity counts become extremely
high, and our UG version 13 program really struggles to create the solid
model. To minimize the database size we will create a segment of the
'solid', and build the SLA's by stacking the segments together during the
build. This technique is not always possible or convenient.

Are there any Solid Modeling programs available that excel at creating
these entity intensive solids?