Re: SLC file ?

From: A.D.Bhatt (adatt@iitk.ac.in)
Date: Tue Feb 23 1999 - 22:55:13 EET

The proprity software of Stratsys earlier (at least up up to QS 4.0) used
to support a file format which it used to say slc but after words it has
stopped to say it .SLC and termes it as .SSL now.

The SLC stands for StereoLithography Contour format and it was derived with
the SLA-software by 3D Systems Inc. Probably that is the reason why
Stratasys stopped using the same name SLC afterwords. You can have the
details of this format from 3D Systems or from the book as under:

Kai,Chua Chee, Fai, Leong Kah, Rapid prototyping, Principles and
Application in Manufacturing, John Wiley and Sons, Singapore, 1997.

For further details is there anyone from Stratasys or 3D systems ??

A. D. Bhatt

At 09:19 AM 2/23/99 -0600, Wayne L Foss wrote:

>An .slc file is the slice file for the Stratasys FDM process. I'm not sure,
>but I think it only works in Stratasys Quickslice software. It describes
>the part and supports profile at each slice. The toolpath for material
>extrusion is described by an .sml file.
>
>Wayne Foss
>Rockwell Collins
>Cedar Rapids, Iowa
>

>Florent Salako <salako@meca.polymtl.ca> on 02/18/99 01:10:34 PM
>
>To: rp-ml@bart.lpt.fi
>cc:
>Subject: SLC file ?
>

>Does anyone know what a slc file is (in RP) ?
>Can I get a file example ?
>
>Thanks.
>Florent.

> Florent Salako
> Prototech Centre
>

> Tel: (514) 340-3245-6
> Fax: (514) 340-3246
> salako@meca.polymtl.ca
> http://www.prototech.polymtl.ca/

A.D Bhatt
Research Scholor
C/o Dr. Sanjay G. Dhande
CAD LAB , Indian Institute of Technology
Kanpur, INDIA.
Tel: +91 +512 597838
Fax: +91 +512 597180
Email adatt@iitk.ac.in