Cost justification of RP

From: Rice Cabiac (rcabiac@sric.sri.com)
Date: Fri Feb 19 1999 - 03:35:32 EET

RP'ers:

I have no doubt that this topic has been discussed in great detail in the past, but If I were considering the purchase of an RP machine, what specific measurements — beyond general benefits such as improved time to market and increased innovative designs and understanding that every company has unique requirements and uses of RP — are suggested to determine whether RP is a reasonable cost for a company to incur? For example, Cubital said some time ago that a company that produces 200 to 300 models per year could probably justify the cost of an industrial RP machine. Any references to white papers and presentations on the topic of justifying the cost of RP would be greatly appreciated in addition to your own thoughts
and experiences (and selling points).

Best wishes,
Rice Cabiac
SRI Consulting