Measuring a RP-testpart

From: j.Gunnink@ind.tno.nl
Date: Mon Feb 22 1999 - 12:46:57 EET

Dear Tom and RP-friends,

Tom Mueller wrote:

        "I would suggest that one or more universities active in the RP
community might
        like to step up and fill the role played by Dupont in the past.
Providing free
        measurement of standard test parts and periodically presenting
results could be
        extremely valuable."

We, here at TNO, likes to step up and try to continue the work Dupont did.
As you know or not know: we are the Dutch independant research organization
(full name: Netherlands Organization for Applied Scientific Research) and do
for a lot of customers CMM-work (satalite/space/aircraft parts etc.) beside
productdevelopment and RP&T-work. Before we say a definitive yes, someone
have to provide us with a STL-file of the part the RP-community is using as
the standard test one. Also someone have to tell us:

* how many times people expect us to do this
* who will deliver the parts to us (RP-machine manufactures or
others; we prefer not only SLA but all the technologies including
milling!!!!!!!!!!!! )
* what has to be measured.
* how you all like to be reported

When we have to do this every week 1 day then it will be to much but when it
is once every month, the same geometry, for 1 day then it will go ok (in
between is maybe also possible).We can automate this and then it can be
handled!

Let us know and let someone step up to tell us what we asked above !

Bye from a rainy/snowy/cold Holland

Jan Willem

Ir. Jan Willem Gunnink
TNO Industrie