RE: RTV molds with SL5410

From: DANIEL CHARLES DAVIS (DANIEL@proton.com.my)
Date: Mon Feb 22 1999 - 02:49:47 EET

Jerry,

We use 5410 (for nearly one year) for RTV moulding. The best method to
avoid inhibition is to paint the SL model before using it as a master.
We use lacquer and/or enamel auto body paint. We generally use Dow T-4
or Axson Essil 240 silicones with good results.

When trying new RTV materials, we test a small amount first before
committing to a complete mould. Thsi usually includes a small SL model
(bare) and painted samples using whatever paint we are using at the
time.

---
Regards,
Dan Davis
PROTON Rapid Prototyping & Manufacturing Center
Hicom Industrial Estate
Batu Tiga, PO Box 7100
Shah Alam, 40918 Selangor MALAYSIA
+60 3 515-2380 phone/fax