RE:still off topic Ambiguous Measurement Terminology

From: Klas Boivie (kbv@cadcam.kth.se)
Date: Tue Feb 02 1999 - 16:44:58 EET

It is bit more complicated than that, I'm afraid, American and European
gnats are of different species, and of course, at least slightly, different
anatomies.

Since all known research in the area of GAS (gnats ass size), has been done
on American gnats, it is inconclusive wether these results apply to the
European counterparts.

European gnats are out of season right now, at least in the north of
Europe, so it is difficult carry out any research for a few months.

Therefore I suggest that the term for the time being should be "SAGA"
(Standard American Gnats Ass).
When the European gnat season returns, further research in the anatomy and
measures of European gnats can be carried out, sizes of whatever body parts
(probably given in the metric system) could be added to the new standard
under names such as SEGA, or SEGC.

Then all we need will be conversion charts between SAGAs and SEGAs and
we'll be all set!

Why simplify anything that could have this beautiful complexity?

Wondering /Klas