RE: Injection moulds using concrete

From: Bauer Juergen (Juergen.Bauer@SPY.SIEMENS.DE)
Date: Wed Jan 27 1999 - 17:15:33 EET

Deon,

At when I was at BIBA, Univeristy of Bremen, we did such trials.
The Concrete we used came from Densit in Denmark; I think they went on
developing the solition.
Contact:
http://www.densit.dk/

The problem was the higher friction compared to wood, low-melt alloys or
tool resins.
Densit had a look at surface treatment of concrete tools.
Bent Mieritz from Danish Technology Institute may know more about this:
Bent Mieritz: phone +45 8943 8410

In some studies concrete was used as a filler material below a less abrasive
polymer skin.
Nevertheless, in this case you loose some of your advantages being "rapid"
and "automatic".

Regards
Juergen

Juergen Bauer, Siemens AG, EC CS A PD
E-Mail: Juergen.Bauer@spy.siemens.de
Adress: Siemensstr. 13, 67346 Speyer, Germany
Phone: +49-6232-30-2501; Fax -2110
http://www.siemens.de/ec/eccs/auto/index.htm