Coatings for on paper models to make plaster molds

From: j.Gunnink@ind.tno.nl
Date: Mon Jan 25 1999 - 17:55:13 EET

Dear rp-friends

For one of our Ceramic-products-making customers we are going to make
plaster molds from KIRA-PLT and Helisys-LOM models. As you probably know is
the making of plaster molds a humid/wet and not so cold business. Therefor
we need to coat our paper models with a coating which makes the models
water/humid/wet-resistant and is capable of resisting 65 degrees Celsius
which is the temperature which occure when using a plaster.

Does anybody of you out there have a good suggestion for us?

We would be most gratefull

Thanks in advance

All the best from a rainy Holland

Jan Willem