RE: Digital Camera Recommendations? [Getting off the RP thread a little but...]

From: Somsel, Jim P. (jsomsel@orbeng.com.au)
Date: Thu Jan 21 1999 - 18:55:15 EET

Karl,

I have a Kodak 260 and it takes excellent pictures. I've been very
satisfied with it and would echo your thoughts about not skimping on a
camera used for business applications. It does especially well at
engineering-type photos of parts where you want to get close-ups and
show things like material condition and detail. However, I have one
annoying problem with it: the batteries must be changed almost daily.
The LCD and motorized zoom are large current draws verses other digital
cameras without them! We've contacted Kodak about it but are told to
just get better batteries and keep changing them...

Recommendation: buy the Kodak and get 3 sets of rechargeable alkaline if
you need to use it a lot.

Jim