Rhino News

From: Bob McNeel (bob@mcneel.com)
Date: Wed Jan 20 1999 - 01:20:31 EET

CONTENTS

- First Rhino 1.1 beta build now available (19-Jan-1999)
- A user's story - A new tour bus in six months
- CAM for Rhino now available
- Europe: Visit us at the CGIX show in Barcelona
- Europe: Euro now accepted
- Japan: Nikkei CG magazine

FIRST RHINO 1.1 BETA BUILD NOW AVAILABLE

As with 1.0, development of 1.1 will be done in public. Rhino 1.1 is expected to
ship near the end of 1999. A new beta build will be posted every few weeks with
many new features and enhancements.

The first 1.1 beta build is now available from http://www.rhino3d.com/beta

New in this 1.1 beta build:
  - OpenGL in Shade and RenderPreview
  - Creation and unrolling of developable surfaces
  - Polygon mesh reduction

For a complete list, visit http://www.rhino3d.com/beta/beta-notes.htm

You must have 1.0 installed to install and run the 1.1 beta.

A USER'S STORY - A NEW TOUR BUS IN SIX MONTHS

As Rhino becomes widely used, some interesting stories emerge.

Paolo Velcich from Korum Design was kind enough to share his Rhino
experience on the Europa project. Europa, a new line of mid-sized tour buses,
was developed from concept design to the finished product in only six months.

For details, visit: http://www.rhino3d.com/users/europa.htm

CAM FOR RHINO NOW AVAILABLE

MecSoft Corporation is offering a version of VisualMill, their 3-axis solid/surface
milling software system, specifically tailored for Rhino users. This combination
creates a design/manufacturing solution that offers exceptional productivity and
price/performance to users. For details, http://www.mecsoft.com/Rhino.html

EUROPE: VISIT US AT THE CGIX SHOW IN BARCELONA

We'll be at the CGIX 99 show in Barcelona:
     Thursday, 4-February-1999, 10:00-18:00
     Friday, 5-February -1999, 10:00-18:00
     Saturday, 6-February-1999, 10:00-18:00

For details, visit: http://www.cgix-eu.com/

I'll be there along with Mikko and the McNeel Europe crew.

EUROPE: EURO NOW ACCEPTED

We are pleased to announce that McNeel Europe is now accepting the Euro.
Our goal is to eliminate any currency fluctuations in the cost of Rhino for our
European customers.

For details, visit: http://www.rhino3d.com/sales/sales-eu.htm

JAPAN: NIKKEI CG MAGAZINE

Japan's leading computer graphics magazine, Nikkei Computer Graphics, has
extensive coverage of Rhino in both the December and January issues.

Visit: http://www2.nikkeibp.co.jp/NCG/

Best regards,

  - Bob McNeel

Robert McNeel & Associates Ph: (206) 545-7000
3670 Woodland Park Ave North Fx: (206) 545-7321
Seattle, WA 98103 USA bob@mcneel.com
http://www.mcneel.com http://www.rhino3d.com

This message was sent to rp-ml@bart.lpt.fi, a subscriber to
our product news list. To remove rp-ml@bart.lpt.fi from the news