Re: Is Big Blue Watching You?

From: Stephen Rock (rocks@rpi.edu)
Date: Tue Jan 19 1999 - 03:40:15 EET

MR ALBIN A HASTBACKA wrote:

> -- [ From: Al Hastbacka * EMC.Ver #2.5.3 ] --
>
> IBM makes a billion dollars a year in royalties. How do they know who
> all of the infringers are? I know of one private individual who does
> work for IBM to find out where IBM's patents are being infringed. Do
> you suppose that the FREE IBM patent server system provides any clues as
> to what companies to look at in more detail?
>
> I guess my work in the intelligence community for more than twenty years
> is showing through--or maybe it is just old fashion paranoia.
>
> Al

Consulting http://www.patents.ibm.com/conditions might be useful...

PRIVACY STATEMENT

IBM has created this privacy statement in order to demonstrate our firm
commitment to your privacy. The following discloses our information
gathering and dissemination practices for this Site.

General Statement: ... IBM does not attempt to determine
the usage patterns of any individual, business, or other entity.

Searching: We have architected the system to provide anonymity for
all searches. ...

Nothing here sound terribly sinister.

Regards,
Steve Rock