Re: Is Big Blue Watching You?

From: MR ALBIN A HASTBACKA (KHVD07A@prodigy.com)
Date: Mon Jan 18 1999 - 21:52:43 EET

-- [ From: Al Hastbacka * EMC.Ver #2.5.3 ] --

IBM makes a billion dollars a year in royalties. How do they know who
all of the infringers are? I know of one private individual who does
work for IBM to find out where IBM's patents are being infringed. Do
you suppose that the FREE IBM patent server system provides any clues as
to what companies to look at in more detail?

I guess my work in the intelligence community for more than twenty years
is showing through--or maybe it is just old fashion paranoia.

Al