seeking thoughts on Somos 8100

From: Miller, Michael W (Mike.Miller3@PSS.Boeing.com)
Date: Thu Jan 14 1999 - 02:42:03 EET

We are considering switching one of our sla500's to DuPont Somos 8100... the flexible resin.
Any feedback would be appreciated on factors such as accuracy, aces and qc style buildability with the doctor blade (especially difficulty with trapped volumes and large flats), speed, downfacing surfaces, stability over time (humidity resistance), ease of support removal and cleanup, tolerance of rough handling (like being dropped), machining, drilling, etc.... Thanks,
Michael W Miller (Mike.Miller3@PSS.Boeing.com)
The Boeing Company MS 17-PE B-XT62
Propulsion Experimental Hardware 206-655-3289
Rapid Prototyping 655-4366 Lab 655-4365