LIPTOOL

From: Steve Hengsperger (steveh@adveng.on.ca)
Date: Wed Jan 06 1999 - 01:01:36 EET

Happy New Year to all!

This may be a very simple question, but with the LIPTOOL process how would
you actually get the injection molded part of the tool if there are no draft
angles? Seems to me that if you want to truly replicate the production
material and process you would want to have draft included. We come across
this all the time when it comes to tolerances on prototype parts when the
designers have not accounted for any draft angles when they tolerance their
part prints and then expect a 5 inch deep rib to be plus/minus 0.010" when
1/2 degree alone will add 0.043" somewhere along that wall (i.e. top or
bottom).

On the other hand, this LIPTOOL sounds like a real promising technology.
How many parts can someone expect to get out of these tools running PC?
What is the largest tool that can be produced with this process? What is
the real turn around time with a "normal" workload in your service bureau?

I thought I was done asking questions, but I thought of one more....why (2)
separate systems?

Thanks again....wishing everyone a very prosperous and peaceful year in
1999.

Steve Hengsperger
Advantage Engineering
5060 Ure Street