JewelCAD

From: MR ALBIN A HASTBACKA (KHVD07A@prodigy.com)
Date: Wed Dec 16 1998 - 14:42:29 EET

-- [ From: Al Hastbacka * EMC.Ver #2.5.3 ] --

I am enclosing information on a product call JewelCAD that might be of
interest to some members of this list. I have seen some of the products
produced by this package, and they are very impressive.

Regards,
Al Hastbacka

Dear Mr. Hastbacka,

Thank you for your interest in JewelCAD.

The following is the brief information about our company and JewelCAD.
Jewellery CAD/CAM Ltd. is focusing in providing CAD/CAM software
solution to the Jewellery industry. We developed the first version of
JewelCAD in 1990 running Silicon Graphics platform. In 1994, we ported
JewelCAD onto PC and it can now run on Windows 95 and NT. JewelCAD is a
3D free-form surface based solid modeler. It provides powerful free-form
modeling tools that allow freedom in creating artistic and stylish
designs. These tools are flexible and intuitive and they can be easily
learned and used. Our distributors spread over the world including North
and South America, Europe and Asia. Hundreds of licenses have been sold
to both commercial sites and institutes.

We don't have a Web site yet but you may visit one of our customer's Web
site www.doctorjewelcad.com and you may find it interesting. Our
software is now totally compatible with the ModelMaker II of Sanders
Prototype. Everything designed in JewelCAD can be output as SLC files
and accepted by ModelMaker II without any further processing. The mould
made by ModelMaker II is in lost-wax material and the surface quality is
fine enough for manufacturing. For further information about ModelMaker
II. You may visit their Web site www.sanders-prototype.com. JewelCAD is
excellent for free-form design especially for jewellery. It involves
intuitive and simple to use functions to create complicated design. User
Libraries inside will help the designer to speed up the design process.

JewelCAD can export DXF and IGES format (without the Boolean data). It
can also support IGES B-spline surface import.

We also have an Evaluation CD for the customer to investigate the
software. The CD comes with a full camera captured like on screen
functions demonstration and tutorial. It will help the customers a lot
in understanding the software and also they can have their own
preliminary training. The Evaluation version has the full function of
the true version except without having the file saving, export and
output functions. The cost of the Evaluation CD to the customers is
US$30 excluding international courier delivery. I suggest that you buy
one Evaluation CD and have a feel of our software.

Please let me know where you are located. We can ask our representative
in your country if available to look after your requirement.

Best regards,
Edmond Li

----
--------
Edmond Li			Jewellery CAD/CAM Ltd.
International Sales Manager	Room 1705, Alexandra House
Tel: (852) 2882-2970		16-20 Chater Road, Central
Fax: (852) 2882-2952		Hong Kong
E-mail: liedmond@jcadcam.com