Re: Question on Cooling

From: Chris Meyers (cjmeyers@mindspring.com)
Date: Thu Dec 10 1998 - 18:34:26 EET

Vito and others in RP product development,
You may want to contact Allan Quick, CEO/Pres./Founder of KryoTech in
Columbia, SC. Allan is formerly with NCR Corp. and has been
commercializing a technology they call "KryoCooling" primarily focused on
PC/Workstation/Mainframe computing. Depending on requirements, they are
increasing PC Microprocessor speed by as much as 100% and can achieve
cooling levels approaching absolute Zero, if the depending on end user
requirements (I believe). Their integrated systems are relatively
inexpensive and are being seamlessly integrated into the H/W Towers...
email: alq@kryotech.com
web site: http://www.kryotech.com
ph: 803.926.0066, ext. 25
Knowing that heat is a problem in may RP and even CNC Prototyping processes
(esp. on Waxes), KryoTech might be able to help, esp. as they grow. Their
the first graduate of the USC College of Engineering's new incubator
program. Chris.
At 04:50 PM 12/9/98 -0600, Vito Gervasi wrote:
>Dear RP List:
>We are doing a comparison study of several cooling methods and need a
>better feel for what is being used out there in the rapid tooling
>industry. We will eventually publish our results on this study.
>
>Question...for rapid tooling (such as AIM, composite, or others, --there
>are many now) what is the typical copper tubing size used for the
>various cooling methods (inside diameter preferred).
>
>Also, is it common to use several copper tubes within one mold half?
>
>What types of coolants, coolant temperatures, and coolant pressures are
>typical?
>
>Your input is well appreciated and will remain confidential if
>requested.
>
>Thanks Much
>
>Vito Gervasi
>Manager of R&D