Re: Mechanical Desktop 3

From: Joseph_Almasian@Millipore.com
Date: Tue Dec 08 1998 - 23:32:01 EET

I recently built 4 stereolithography prototypes and when I first tried to
generate an STL file is was unsucessful.
However, here is what my Autodesk reseller told me to do:
(DTI - Jim Beliveau jbeliveau@dtitech.com)

after creating the solid:
1. explode the solid
2. change the facet resolution to 10 (max)
     type: facetres<10>
3. move the solid into the postive x,y,z quadrant
4. then do: file...export....export data
     choose STL file type

this worked for me

David Stockbower
12/08/98 04:15 PM