Re: ceramic LOM

From: lonepeak (lonepeak@aros.net)
Date: Mon Dec 07 1998 - 23:07:07 EET

Artem:

The ceramic tape that we use with the LOM system is flexible. It is a
mixture of ceramic powder and elastomers. The ratio of ceramic powder to
elastomers can vary, depending on the end product requirements, but is
usually in a 40 to 50 percent ratio. We produce the "green" (unfired)
ceramic tape as thin as 5 mil thickness but usually work with 8-10 mill
thickness for our LOM parts. The parts must be fired after they have
been created on the LOM. Because the organic components burn off during
firing, shrinkage is usually in the 18-20% range. That shrinkage is very
common for engineered ceramic parts.

Alair Griffin
Javelin
a Lone Peak Engineering Company