SLS info needed

From: Nemeth Karoly MEE (Nemeth.Karoly@DRAEXLMAIER.DE)
Date: Mon Dec 07 1998 - 16:55:31 EET

Dear List,

my company is going to buy an SLS unit. We work on the car industry, design
and produce interiuers (cockpits, covers, etc.).
The firm has an SLA unit operating in the prototyp production. We are an
other department, and we have no experiencies with lasersintering. I would
like to get some information about the advantages and disadvantages of SLS
(vs. SLA).
The main application field would be the production of visualization models
and "fit, form and function" checks but - later - mould making can also
become important. We have chosen SLS because of the high variation of
applicable materials.
The main questions:
- What are the main differencies between Sinterstation and EOSINT?
- What additional tools (STL manipulating software, post processing tools,
etc.) are needed?
- Where can I get prices of the units (vendors in West and Cetral Europe)?
- Which additional software tools can be used for the STL/CLI data
preparation?

Thanks in advance for any information:

Karoly Nemeth
MEE Bt - Ungarn