RE: QuickCast

From: Joe Paxton (paxtonj@email.uah.edu)
Date: Wed Dec 02 1998 - 01:58:59 EET

We have built Quickcast parts of an open box approximately 7in.x4in.x5in. with wall thicknesses around 0.050 in. These parts did not drain very well either, but Solidiform was able to successfully cast them anyway. Depending on the geometry of the part, they may be able to cast them almost solid. I think this is possible because the volume of the solid material is so small relative to the surface area that the expansion during the burn-out process is not great enough to crack the ceramic shell.

Joe Paxton
Sr. Research Associate

Center for Automation and Robotics
Research Institute, Rm A11