Re home fabbers for professional use

From: Marshall Burns (marshall@ennex.com)
Date: Sat Nov 28 1998 - 18:29:47 EET

Murphy, Matt wrote:

> The first step on the way to home fabricators?
>
> > Subject: !! Wanted Home Product Assemblers !!
> >
> > Looking for Home Product Assemblers!! How would you like to Assemble
> > Products
> > at Home & get Paid! Choose your own Hours! Be your own Boss! Easy Work!
> > Excellent Pay! Earn Hundreds of Dollars Weekly! Here are just a few
> > examples
> > of the work you will have to choose from:
> >
> > Wooden Products - up to $220.00 Weekly!
> > Hair Accessories - up to $320.00 Weekly!
> > Holiday Crafts - up to $270.00 Weekly!
> > Beaded Accessories - up to $350.00 Weekly!

Dear Matt,

    Yes, I do believe that this is similar to one future application of home
fabricators. When I was selling IBM PCs back in 1982, about half of my customers
were accountants and lawyers who took the machines home to "play" with
applications like Visicalc and WordStar, which they used to do their
professional homework. Michael Rees is already using fabbers to make sculptures,
and when the prices of the machines comes down to the "home" range, millions of
other people will want to try their hand at designing new products and objects
d'art, which they will sell to their neighbors and to cyber-correspondents on
the Internet. Remember that before the industrial revolution, just about all
products were manufactured by independent craftspeople working at home. With
coming developments, fabricators will destroy the economies of scale behind the
industrial revolution and will make it practical once more for individuals to
compete as manufacturers in the world market.

    Thanks for bringing up this idea to the RP-ML.

Best regards,
Marshall Burns
Marshall@Ennex.com

***** ENNEX(TM) CORPORATION