Re: Plynetics Express in Bankruptcy?

From: harvest@harvest-tech.com
Date: Wed Nov 25 1998 - 11:30:52 EET

> I've heard it second- or third-hand, but there are reliable rumors that
> Plynetics Express is in bankruptcy. Their San Leandro, California office
> phone system says they are closed this week and to call back next week.
> One of their suppliers has told us that they couldn't pay their bills.

We've done some work for them recently. We shipped them a part
on Thursday and they received it on Friday. We talked to them on
Monday, and had received the check for our work on Saturday, the
day after the part was received.

If Plynetics Express is in dire straights (which I understand they
are), then Compression is going down for the count. Compression
is having cash flow problems and is awaiting capital infusion (I
wouldn't call it an investment) in order to pay its bills.

It was my understanding that the reason you go into business is to
not only pay your bills, but to return a profit to investors. I have a
feeling these 2, (PlyEx and Compression) have grown too big for
profitability.

Rapid Prototyping does not fit the assembly line GM philosophy.
This is an art, and is more like tool making. The "mom and pop"
shops with low overhead and expertise in the business are more
viable than even the manufacturers of the equipment (3D, Helysis,
DTM, etc.)

Bigger is definately not better.

(My humble opinion).
Harvest Technologies (254) 933-1000
Rapid Prototyping Services
1000 Industrial Park Road Belton, TX 76513