Annoying discussions

From: Rapid Dude (rp-adm@ltk.hut.fi)
Date: Mon Nov 23 1998 - 12:09:24 EET

Hello

I have received several messages (comments or whatever) regarding the
function of rp-ml. These messages have pointed out that there has been a
lot of discussions going on that has very little or nothing to do with RP.
Since the traffic (information flow) has become enormous (this year we
have received over 4000 messages so far), off topic discussions can be
disturbing.

Therefore I'm asking your opininon on wether we should do something about
it or not. I know, that RE (one of the 'slightly' off-topic discussions)
is a relevant part of Prototyping, but should we create a list of it's
own, dedicated to RE only (basicly we're ready to do that). Or should we
just ignore these 'not directly RP related' topics and keep on living as
nothing has ever happened. RE is not the only area that has been named,
but since there has been some discussion about RE newsgroups etc. I
thought it was appropriate to take it up now.

I do not want to raise discussion about this on rp-ml. So please send
your comments directly to me (rp-adm@ltk.hut.fi) instead.

Before sending your reply, please double-check the 'To:' field, it should
say rp-adm@ltk.hut.fi and nothing else.

Thank you.

Yours truly

Hannu Kaikonen <rp-adm@ltk.hut.fi>