Re: Text for RP/RF?

From: Alain BERNARD (alain.bernard@cran.u-nancy.fr)
Date: Sat Nov 21 1998 - 09:31:21 EET

Mark,

we just published a global book on RP in France... but it is in french.
But, there are all the technologies, with a brief historical, and many
under development, with also some elements on CAD applications and reverse
engineering. Prosesses of rapid and direct tooling are also described.
Of course, there are also many data on case studies and succes stories in
many application fields, with web sites.
If intersted, please let me know.
I think that other people in US have written book on RP (for example
Marshall Burns). I know there are connected to this list. Perhaps, you
should contac Terry Wolhers web site, or Franck Lacan Web site.
You can also contact JTEC who has made a report some years ago and RP and
developments.
Do not hesitate to contact me if any comments or if you are interested to
exchange on experiences on training in RP field. I address many conferences
and trainings for different kinds of students and industrial people.

Best Regards,

Prof. A. BERNARD

A 11:42 18/11/98 -0700, vous avez écrit :
>List members:
>
>I am teaching a course in RP at Arizona State University and using the text
>by Chua and Leong , but am trying to find a book that is more technical. I
>have located a good book by Jerome L. Johnson entitled "Principles of
>computer automated fabrication" published by Palatino Press in Irvine, CA,
>but it is a little old, out of print and I can't locate either the author or
>publisher.
>
>Can any of you suggest a text which would be good for graduate engineering
>students to give an overview of RP/RF? The SFF book by Beaman is $137.50
>which is too expensive and the Jacobs book on SLA, etc., is too SLA-focused.
>I liked the Johnson book mentioned above but even if I can locate copies, it
>was published in 1994 which is ancient history in RP/RF. I do use the web
>extensively in the course, so the students can find the information from the
>Chua and Leong text at specific internet company sites.
>
>Any comments, suggestions are appreciated.
>

>Mark Henderson
>Professor of Industrial Engineering
>Arizona State University
>Tempe, AZ 85287-5906
>(602) 965-2899
>FAX: (602) 965-8692

Prof. Alain BERNARD Tel : + 33 (0)3 83 91 27 29
Professeur des Universites + 33 (0)3 83 91 20 09
CRAN ESA CNRS 7039 Fax : + 33 (0)3 83 91 23 90
UHP Nancy I - ESIAL
BP n° 239, 54506 - VANDOEUVRE Cedex - FRANCE
ATTENTION ! NEW E-MAIL !
e-mail : alain.bernard@cran.u-nancy.fr http://www.cran.u-nancy.fr