RE: SLA - Part Building Issue

From: Tata, Kamesh (ktata@IL1.plynex.com)
Date: Fri Nov 20 1998 - 20:34:29 EET

Alvin,

It is possible that you have a "mirror drift" issue with your machine. We
had a similar problem with our SLA350 long time ago where vertical walls
would appear like ruffled potato chips. After some struggle, 3D identified
the problem to be buildstation software failure to correct mirror-drift
after each layer. It appears drift correction is taking place on your
machine after every 5mm or so. However, what 's puzzling me is the amount
drift (2mm in your case) you are seeing. We only saw about 0.5mm.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Kamesh