Re: Need STL help

From: James P. Harrison (harrjp@juno.com)
Date: Fri Nov 20 1998 - 20:28:02 EET

Tom,

One way is to read the stl file into SolidView and output an IGES file.
Your customer
can than read the IGES file into Solidworks. We can help if needed. We
use Solidworks
when ever possible. We have PRO/E, but Solidworks is better.

Jim

James P. Harrison Director Of Operations
3Dimensional Engineering www.3de.net; harrjp@juno.com
2991 N. Powerline Rd. Pompano Beach, FL. 33069
954-972-9906 (phone) 954-972-8903 (fax)

On Fri, 20 Nov 1998 12:32:44 +0000 Tom Richards <tomr@aicasting.com>
writes:
>Dear Fellow RPers:
>
>My customer sent me an .stl last week from which we have produced and
>shipped prototype castings. In the meantime, his hard drive crashed
>and he
>lost his design in Solid works.
>
>Can anyone help him immediately to obtain an editable file from his
>.stl
>which I have for him?
>
>If so, I'll put you into contact with him.
>
>Thanks, Tom Richards, Metallurgist

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]