Re: RP use by small companies.

From: Steve Upcraft (steve.upcraft@imcuk.org)
Date: Wed Nov 18 1998 - 18:11:03 EET

David,

The Innovative Manufacturing Centre (IMC) is a technology transfer centre
operated essentially as business on behalf of the University of Nottingham.
The focus of our activities is encourage inventors, entrepreneurs, SME's etc.
etc. to explore what technical and commercial benefits can be derived from RP
and its allied technologies.

In the 22 months the project has been running over 500 businesses have visited
our facilities, some 180 'design & build' projects have been completed and
approximately 80 companies are linked through an active forum enabling
networking between these businesses to take place.

To gain a fuller appreciation of our activities its best to visit out web site
at www.imcuk.org

Additionally, a colleague presented a paper in Auchen earlier this year
entitled ' Exploring and Exploiting Time Compression Technologies for the
Smaller Business', this is being published by the SME later this year.

If we can be of any further assistance please let me know.