RE: SLA-500 laser

From: Dark, Jeffrey T (Jeff.Dark@PSS.Boeing.com)
Date: Wed Nov 18 1998 - 20:47:52 EET

We get anywhere from 2,000 to 10,000 plus on a laser. The Coherent high
powered laser we have in one of our SLA500's currently has about 8,000 hours
with a power at the vat of 180 mW. It's definitely at a point of
diminishing returns, but our workload is low enough that we haven't felt the
urge to put the $$$ up for a new one.

Jeffrey T. Dark
Tech Focal/Lead Engineer
BCAG Rapid Prototyping Center