Re: just a thought : the new looks for Reverse Engineering...foot wear....

From: Innomation Systems & Technologies Pte. Ltd., (istpl@singnet.com.sg)
Date: Wed Nov 18 1998 - 10:15:46 EET

Hello Joseph, and thanks for the response;

I see your idea... mmm... maybe an internal structure change from one
"cell"
to another. A more open internal structure would allow a deeper imprint
with
less external pressure. Thus, instead of a weaker outside force (softer
step) creating the different impressions, the part itself will contain the
illusion of having multiple durometers, or masses, and thus materials (the
difference in wet and dry sand?, etc.).
(The ideal, for me, would be for the "feel" to be of urethanes, or EVA's).
Exterior surface differences are less desirable in this instance. However,
can see where two totally different materials would be used in the final
product, requiring the exterior differences you are referring to. I can see
this if the external resolution of the "print" can be varied within one
"build".

Could this be a variable, programmable part of a "3D printer"?

Best Regards

Craig S. Whitaker
6-String Bassist
Modelmaker/CAD/CAM