Re: RP in plastic surgery

From: Justin R. Kidder (jrkst34+@pitt.edu)
Date: Tue Nov 17 1998 - 22:21:07 EET

Michael,
        There was a post here a few days ago about a U.S. military site
that is using RP in plastic surgery---most of their work was in
reconstructive surgery due to trauma. I can't remember the web address
now, but it should be in the archive. Also, try the people at Anatomics in
Australia for more info (I'm pretty sure someone from Anatomics is on this
list)...RP usage in medicine here in the US has generally been limited due
to insurance reasons (i.e. most companies won't cover the costs yet), but
overseas it is gaining acceptance more rapidly. Finally, the Rp-Med list
might be a good place to find what more about what you want:
medicalRP@qmi.asn.au

good luck,

Justin
Justin Kidder, Research Asst. | Automation and Robotics Laboratory
jrkst34+@pitt.edu | University of Pittsburgh

               Home page: http://www.pitt.edu/~jrkst34