Mechanial properties of direct AIM mouldings

From: Neil Hopkinson (nhopkins@dmu.ac.uk)
Date: Mon Nov 16 1998 - 15:32:14 EET

Hello everyone,

I am looking for work regarding the mechanical properties of parts made
by direct AIM. I had thought there was a lot of this about but I can't
seem to find much other than a brief bit in the 1994 European SLA Users
Group Meeting.
Does the slower cooling lead to higher crystallinity and hence higher
stifness etc?
Has anyone out there moulded dog bones etc. and got some results to
compare with parts moulded using metal tools?

Many Thanks

Neil Hopkinson
De Montfort University
UK