From: Amanda Sterland (amanda@millenniumcad.com)
Date: Fri Nov 14 1997 - 17:07:43 EET

        Hello All,

        Thank so much to all the people who responded to my query. This was the
first time I had used the RP list for an immediate problem and was most
impressed by the fast response and wealth of knowledge. As a few of the
replies were directly sent to me I'd like to share with everyone. We are
still evaluating all of the choices. Yes, I was aware that Solidworks has
direct STEP importation, but the file was an incomplete solid with problems
and needed to be repaired with a surface modeling application.
        Here are the responses:

Try this:
http://www.steptools.com/translate/

Regards, Juergen

Juergen Bauer, Siemens AG, EC CS A PD
E-Mail: Juergen.Bauer@spy.siemens.de
Adress: Siemensstr. 13, 67346 Speyer, Germany
Phone: +49-6232-30-2501; Fax -2110
http://w2.siemens.de/ec/ecb/connect/auto/auto_b.htm
Try Theorem Solutions

http://www.theorem-usa.com

They provide a range of translator products. I am about to start evaluating
their CATIA to ParaSolid bi-directional translator.
They are also getting ready to beta release a product called CADHealer
which is supposed to let you interactively repair problem CAD files (within
your preset tolerances) from any source, then export them to your
preferred format.

PS: I am not affiliated with Theorem in any way.

Kevan Jones
Director, Information Systems
CEMCOM Corporation
4100 Pistorio Rd
Baltimore, MD 21229
www.cemcom.com
Our company recently bought a STEP translator that works from within
AutoCAD/Mech Desktop. We bought it from our Autodesk dealer.

M. Karimi
Contact UG:

Phone: 1-800-950-0000

Good luck,

Jianpeng
jdong@leland.Stanford.EDU
there is a german firm called cad cam concept.
They developed a STEP converter calleInterfaceTool.
Please try to contact them under:
CAD/CAM-CONCEPT GmbH
Rudower Chaussee 5
12489 Berlin Adlershof
Tel. ++49 30 63 92 63 15
Fax. ++49 30 63 92 63 19

greetings,
Stefan Dreher
A benchmark test completed last month was successful from Pro/E solid STEP
output file of a cosmetics injection moulded display container into VisiCam
5 a PC 3D CADCAM package that is a likely candidate for inclusion to a
Direct Numerical Control project that is ongoing here at Pera.

The transfer created a Parasoild file that could also be read by the other
CAD packages with that database kernel.

The contact for VisiCam 5 software and STEP translators is:

Richard Youhill Marketing Manager
or
Phil Tebble CAD/CAM sales

vero@vero.co.uk

If any body wants an appraisal of the full capabilities of the CADCAM
software then I am afraid you will have to wait as training is still
ongoing.

However if there are any VisiCAD or VisiCAM users out there I would be glad
for any feedback from them where ever they are.

Jan Andrzejewski
RP Operation Manager
PERA ( Production Engineering Research Association )
jan.rp@pera.com

Thanks again

Amanda Sterland

Millennium CAD Solutions