Re: Scanning a wing.

From: dbassett (scansite@slip.net)
Date: Tue Nov 10 1998 - 19:19:36 EET

At 05:18 PM 11/9/98 -0500, you wrote:
>Dear list,
>
>How would one go about scanning a full size airplane wing?
>
>We would like any suggestions. We are looking for data to produce surface
iges files.

>paul
>paulb@laserrepro.com
>
>matt
>mlucas@laserrepro.com
>
>Thanks!

Hi Matt,

There are now several different ways to go about scanning an airplane wing,
depending on the resolution required and the end result desired. One thing
to keep in mind is what kind of data you will get when the job is completed.
I.E. will you get point clouds that are registered to each other or will you
have to do that yourself. Will you end up with B-splines or polylines? How
big will the file be and is there some way to decimate it if it is
exceedingly large? Will the company work with you to resolve translation
issues?

Scansite does virtually all methods of scanning and can take a lot of the
guesswork out of the job and insure that you get what you want when the job
is over. We work with our clients after the job is completed to assure that
using the data is a successful and painless process. Give me a call if you
would like to discuss it further.

Regards, Lisa Federici

Scansite
#1 Madrone Avenue