Hello Everyone on rp-ml

From: Simon Slater (sslater@roushind.com)
Date: Tue Nov 03 1998 - 17:05:04 EET

Hello Everyone on rp-ml

I'm very new to RP, especially using an SLA-250 and running Maestro 1.9.1 software on a SGI. I have several questions that i hope someone can help me with.

1. Are there any alternative software packages to Maestro and how do they compare with ?

2.Has anyone heard of or use Brok Rooney software and is it any good ?

3. Metalised coatings for SLA models- contacts for UK ?

4. When converting CAD data into stl.files are there any prefered or preset tolerance and facet values that should be adhered to for better model builds ? Or even for faster build times ?

5. Is it possible to print 3D view of model from Maestro s/ware ? Ive heard that it is possible to use Showcase, but how ?

6. In your experiences do potential customers send CAD, IGES data files via e-mail or the Internet ? and are these files limited to a maximum Mb size ?

I would very much appreciate any help anyone can give me in these matters. I can be contacted by any of the following:

Simon Slater
RP Development Engineer
Roush Technologies Int'l
Brentwood, Essex, CM13 1XA