Tooling for Injection Molding

From: Sandi Ricotta (SRicotta@psu.edu)
Date: Mon Nov 02 1998 - 17:51:01 EET

Good Morning,

I'm a graduate student in Industrial Engineering at Penn State. I have
several questions regarding the uses of RP in injection molding tooling:

1. What are the most common RP processes used to make injection molding
tooling?

2. How well do these RP tools compare with the traditionally made tooling?
In terms of quality and dimensional control, etc.

3. Are RP tools used for metal and ceramic injection molding?

4. What limitations do you find using RP processes instead of traditional
methods?

5. Where can I find related articles on the web?

Thank you,

Sandi Ricotta

Sandi Ricotta
Industrial & Manufacturing Engineering