Re: RP presentation to 'Civilians'

From: Mr. Kyle Y. Root (rootk@email.uah.edu)
Date: Wed Oct 28 1998 - 17:59:29 EET

Patrick,

I have made a couple of pitches about RP to the people in the
Space Station training divison at NASA as well as some instructors from
Johnson Space Center. They had no previous exposure to the technology, so
when I made up the pitch, I tried to keep everything pretty basic.

Something I would be sure to try and do is bring samples of parts.
This can really help get certain points across (like stairstepping effects
etc.) They can also be used to demonstrate form, fit, and function ; as
well as design iterations.

My presentation lasted 30 minutes or so.... I can send you a copy of my
outline and powerpoint charts if you want to see how I made my
presentation.

Kyle

Kyle Y. Root
International Space Station Simulation Engineer
Marshall Space Flight Center
Huntsville, AL

Teledyne Brown Engineering
Cummings Research Park