Re: searching for help

From: Fusioneng@aol.com
Date: Tue Oct 27 1998 - 16:51:46 EET

original message

<< > I'm a student of Engineering in the final year.
> > >I've decided that my honours project, is going to be about, the
> business
> > >benefits of implementing rapid prototyping in an Injection moulding
> > >company. The actual name of the project will be "Business benefits of
> > >conformal cooling".
> > >I would be really pleased if anyone that have experiance or information
> > >about this could help me.
> > >Hope to learn of your experience.
> > >
> > >I would like to take this opportunity to thank you.
> > >
> > > yours faithfully
> > > Clara Colomer
> > > Claracolomer@hotmail.com >>

Clara
     My company Fusion Engineering has been studying conformal water line in
our molds using the Keltool process. Our preliminary findings are that they
offer little benifit on standard molds. Keltool cavities are 30% copper and
conduct heat sufficiently without conformal cooling. However we have made
some great strides in our understanding of ultra thin wall molding using a
combination of kelrods and conformal cooling. Your study could have some
commercial application. Keep us all informed of your progress.
Bob Morton Fusion engineering
Fusioneng@aol.com