Re: machining from .stl files

From: Steve_Farentinos (steve@pmli.com)
Date: Mon Oct 19 1998 - 16:38:23 EEST

Steve,

Yes, it is straightforward in theory. Just convert each STL facet to a NURBS
surface, then stitch them all together. I can do it too. But my point was
that, with typical STL file of say 50,000 facets, you get an enormous database
that's extremely difficult to work with. And you get no added benefits from
making the translation. It's far more effecient to machine straight from the
STL file with a program that's made for it.

Steve

On Oct 18, 8:12pm, SCat3D@aol.com wrote:
> Subject: Re: machining from .stl files
>
> << What you're proposing will be extremely difficult, if not impossible.
 It's

--
Steve Farentinos
PML, Inc.