RE: searching for help

From: Bauer Juergen (Juergen.Bauer@SPY.SIEMENS.DE)
Date: Fri Oct 16 1998 - 22:33:00 EEST

Mark,

Sure it all must be carefully set up, like a serious real-life project.
I didn mean to tell them "it is just for fun, dont care".

Here at Siemens it is not unusual to request 4-5 toolmakers for projects
where we think it is necessary.
The idea was basically to extend such request to 10-15 toolmakers.

Now, the problem is that I have two variables: It is "toolmaker" and
"what to send him for requesting".
This makes me speak out the following statements:
1. I have to request one part by all "modes of request".
2. I have to do this a number of times for each mode to increase the
signal-to-noise-ratio.
3. I have to ask each toolmaker for more than one part, to filter "cheap
guys" and "expensive".

If you build the experiment carefully, and with enough toolmakers and
parts, there should be a sensible result at last ...

Regards
Juergen Bauer

PS: Who could be interested in doing this ?
Clemson ? Nottingham ? Somebody else ?

Juergen Bauer, Siemens AG, EC CS A PD
E-Mail: Juergen.Bauer@spy.siemens.de
Adress: Siemensstr. 13, 67346 Speyer, Germany
Phone: +49-6232-30-2501; Fax -2110
http://w2.siemens.de/ec/ecb/connect/auto/auto_b.htm