Off topic: PCI vs. ISA

From: Terry T. Wohlers (twohlers@compuserve.com)
Date: Mon Oct 12 1998 - 23:53:33 EEST

Dear PC experts,

Can anyone tell me whether a PCI-based parallel port is any faster than an
ISA parallel port? We've talked with as many as five computer technicians
and we're getting mixed signals. The port will be connected to an HP
OfficeJet Pro 1175c which supports scanning, faxing, printing, and copying.
 It must be an Extended Capabilities Port (ECP) device with bi-directional
capabilities. If you know the answer to my question, please send private
e-mail. Thanks!

Terry

Terry Wohlers
Wohlers Associates, Inc.