Rapid Tooling for Plastic Injection

From: Ross Gates (selecteng@novagate.com)
Date: Thu Oct 08 1998 - 21:47:36 EEST

We have found a source to do rapid tooling for plastic injection molds
that can handle larger sizes than the Keltool process. I believe they go
up to 24 inches by 24 inches and can produce a core or cavity up to
1,900 pounds. They use a similar process as Keltool, but make a ceramic
intermediate tool. They have a choice of 13 tooling material, such as
P-20, H-13, and stainless steel. I had seen a mold they built for a farm
tractor tire. It consisted of about 15 large segments and had the tread
pattern and all the little vents in it. Their delivery time is about a
week. They have experience working with STL masters.

The company is:
Sarcol Inc.
3050 West Taylor St.
Chicago, IL 60612
313 533-3000
313 533-3004 FAX
Contact: Jim Larson

Disclaimer: I have no interest in this company other than as a vendor.

Ross Gates
Select Mfg. Services Inc.