Re: SOMOS 8100 Resin for the SLA 500

From: Michael Buchloh (Michael.Buchloh@bmw.de)
Date: Wed Oct 07 1998 - 16:37:03 EEST

Dear RPML,

we've also done our experiments with SOMOS8100 and we are aslo very satisfied. Our
customers love this new material because of the good material properties and
especially because of the nice touch. This resin does not feel any more like a
prototype part, it feels more like a "real" part. We're running the material on a
STEREOS 400 and we're thinking of putting it on our large STEREOS 600, because not
only the material properties are better, but also the build time is much smaller
(approx. 40% less than SOMOS 7100).

The only problem we have is, that with very thin wall thicknesses the parts get too
soft.

Yours

--
Michael Buchloh