Slightly off topic---PLC5 printing from SGI's

From: Michael Landis (mlandis@solidiform.com)
Date: Fri Oct 02 1998 - 23:54:40 EEST

Hello Dave - Regarding your SGI printing question, we're using a product
called Easy Print on our SGI Octane (IRIX 6.4), and it has worked great.
Their current release comes with drivers for over 1100 different printers,
and is in my opinion a much better solution than SGI's own Impressario. We
use it to print to a variety of HP products including LaserJet 5MP,
LaserJet 5Si, DeskJet 1600cm, DeskJet 870cse, and a DesignJet 755cm
Plotter. This usage includes color image "dumps" from SolidView, Pro-E,
etc. If you do not want to put a separate copy of the software on every
workstation, you can install it on one workstation and define all of your
printers there, then have the other workstations use that box as your
network printing provider. You can find more info out at
http://www.easysw.com.

Michael Landis Solidiform, Inc.
MIS Department 3928 Lawnwood
System Administrator Ft. Worth TX, 76111
(817)831-2626 x609 FAX (817)831-8258

                                                                  ____
  .][__n_n_|DD[ ====____ | Solidiform, Inc. | | MIS Dept. | | [][][] |
 _/oo OOOOO oo` oo oo 'o^o o^o` 'o^o o^o` 'o^o o^o`