FDM metal

From: Mohammed Abdulrazak (mab@cadcam.kth.se)
Date: Wed Sep 30 1998 - 11:58:43 EEST

RP-ML:

I'm starting some research into rapid prototyping.I would like to design
the moulding tools (made of steel) to manufacture an aluminium model using
diecasting method. The moulding tools (the dies) should be capable of
manufacture up to 50 pieces before they wear out. The ide is to try to
manufacture the moulding tools directly using the rapid prototyping method
Fuse Deposition Modeling, FDM that uses metal. Can anyone point me in the
right direction? Any contacts, websites, papers, presentations, case
studies would be greatly appreciated. Many thanks in advance.

Mohammad Abdulrazak, Research Engineer
Royal Institute of Technology
Stockholm, Sweden
E-mail: mab@cadcam.kth.se