Re: High Temp Silicone

From: Vito Gervasi (gervasi@msoe.edu)
Date: Tue Sep 29 1998 - 20:46:30 EEST

Try BJB Enterprises, Inc.
714-554-4640
Ask about TC-5050, good to 850 F. Preheat mold to 400 F and quickly
pressurize (shop pressure) mold after pouring zinc. Don't heat the zinc
far past its melting point or you will get more shrinkage than you
want. Use a large sprue and plenty of vents. Use mold materials
capable of 400 F. Don't use release agent during casting. And above
all, wear protective clothing, leather gloves, and safety glasses!

Good Luck

Vito Gervasi
Rapid Prototyping Center
Milwaukee School of Engineering