On the nut and bolt files...

From: William D. Richards (wdr@virtcon.com)
Date: Fri Sep 25 1998 - 19:18:02 EEST

Well! My face is sure red over this one!

Basically what happened to the model is I didn't triangulate the non-planar
faces before I saved it to STL. This results in intersecting STL triangles.

I just threw it up to show that a bolt could be generated easily in form-Z;
a quick and dirty demonstration. I didn't expect it to be undergoing any
real inspection. If I had considered that people might put this thing
through the paces, I would have put a little more care into it to make sure
that it would pass any muster.

So don't use this to judge the quality of output from form-Z. If anyone
would like, I can regenerate the items to something more robust. Otherwise,
I don't want to drop another download on the list members.

        <:)

         /| Bill Richards |
        | | Virtual Concepts Design ...Where the Virtual |
        | | Becomes REAL! |
        | | 696 Paine Rd. |
        | | North Attleborough, MA 02760 |
        | | Phone/Fax:(508) 695-0534 |