Re: spanner in the works

From: Irene Quinlan (ireneq@sanders-prototype.com)
Date: Fri Sep 25 1998 - 16:06:11 EEST

Jan and I must be the only ones who have actually looked at these
files. Not only are there problems visible on the outside, but there
are quite a few stray triangles on the inside of the bolt which you
can see if you take some cross sections or try to slice the file.
A very good example of a bad STL file. Just a guess, but I'd say
the software is having problems connecting the ends of the threads to
the rest of the model.

Irene Quinlan
Sanders Prototype, Inc.