On form-Z

From: William D. Richards (wdr@virtcon.com)
Date: Thu Sep 24 1998 - 17:24:08 EEST

I have worked on Catia, Autocad, and a few other platforms; I watched an
engineer be reduced to tears when his boss handed him a disk with an IGES
file to open in Pro-E.

Through all this, I have NEVER seen a program with an interface as
intuitive and easy to use as form-Z! I taught myself how to use the program
using just the demo version. When I finally bought the full-fledged
program, I built my first couple of models without ever cracking open the
manual!

Being able to use a given program without needing to open the manual is THE
benchmark by which to measure the quality of ANY programming! I think the
other CAD packages out there should get off their high-priced horses and
learn how to program a proper interface the way Auto-Des-Sys did with
form-Z. (BTW: Start with a Macintosh!)

But form-Z has such an incredible depth of features, that reading the
manual is a MUST! It isn't a difficult program to use, but there is a LOT
that it can do! That means there is a lot to learn!

         /| Bill Richards |
        | | Virtual Concepts Design ...Where the Virtual |
        | | Becomes REAL! |
        | | 696 Paine Rd. |
        | | North Attleborough, MA 02760 |
        | | Phone/Fax:(508) 695-0534 |