Needs Help

From: Randy Souders (souders@flash.net)
Date: Thu Sep 17 1998 - 08:28:28 EEST

Hello All ["1st timer" here]---

I am an artist interested in creating 3-dimensional models using SLA/
Rapid Prototyping. My aim is to use these models in manufacturing
collectible sculptures.

I have a photo of one 'hand crafted' sculpture based on one of my
paintings which I will be happy to e-mail. This was created by another
collectibles company [Department 56].

What I have in mind will be solid, cold-cast, hand painted resin or
porcelain pieces. These will be quite intricate and detailed, but only
on the surface.

First of all, I'd like to know of anyone willing to produce these
models. Also, I need to know exactly what CAD software is needed [and
whether there is a Beta or shareware version available for me to
practice on... I'm pretty illiterate about all this]. Any advice or
assistance will be greatly appreciated [and possibly rewarded with a
really cool art print!]

Sincerely,

Randy Souders/ Souders Fine Art
52 Chelsea Drive